Listen…. I know its been a MINUTE. Sorry y’all, I’m a procrastinator but I’m coming to you this year with great CONSISTENT content.
Happy New Year tho!!! I am back with another Aldi’s Haul. I spent $63 (not including tax) at Aldi for the week!!!
The real gem is when you see how much stuff I bought!! I think I can get a full week, if not more, meals out this.
I tried to pick as little processed foods as possible. It is really easy to be an unhealthy vegan. Excessive amounts of chips, veggie burgers and fake meats, frozen meals, pasta and other processed carbs can potentially be unhealthy when over-eaten. I am currently trying to tone and lose a little weight, so this haul is focused on lower calorie consumption and whole, fresh foods.
Some of the meals that I plan on making with these items:
- Mexican Chili
- Sauteed Veggies and Rice
- Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes
- Sauteed Veggie Burger over Couscous
- Bean Stuffed Peppers
- Bean & Guacamole Tacos
- Oatmeal with Raisins & Apples
- Hummus and crackers
- Fresh grapefruit juice
- Ginger and Lime Detox water
- Sea Salt Caramel and Chocolate Covered Almonds – Treat yo self 🙂
These are a little hard to see in the picture but I also grabbed a salad dressing and steak sauce marinade (BOTH VEGAN).
There were a couple of items I did not but will be used with these meals:
- Seasonings – Black people collect seasonings from the age of 13, so if you don’t have seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper – STEP YOUR WEIGHT UP!!!
- Oatmeal – I always have oatmeal in the house. It is filling and healthy, and you can get a BIG container for the low at Aldi.
For those of you new to the whole vegan/plant-based/vegetarian lifestyle, be easy with yourself. It takes time. And you don’t have to eat grass lol. Enjoy!
Aldi recently launched a new vegan line and I am soooo excited to try all of the products but I am finding some of the items hard to come across. I really wanted to try the soy burger and chicken-less patty but none of my local stores have them yet. Once I have had a decent selection of the line I will post a review.