Although Burger King has a veggie burger, its always nice to make your own burger and know EVERY ingredient of what you eat. A big ass seasoned-up Portobello mushroom topped with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, and sliced onion all sitting on a sesame seed bun is what your lunch time has been missing. You can even add guac, mustard, bbq sauce and a vegan cheese if you want to get fancy.
- 4 bun-sized portobello burgers
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar (can use soy sauce for a saltier taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- dash of paprika
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbs vegetable broth
- Clean mushrooms thoroughly. (I like to use apple cider vinegar and warm water. I soak and GENTLY rub the mushrooms until the water is mostly clear, ensuring that i get in all crevices of the mushroom.)
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and all seasonings into a large bowl or wide shallow dish. Taste mixture to ensure that it is to your liking.
- Sit the mushrooms in the mixture for 10 minutes, ensuring to flip and toss occasionally. You can extend time as you like.
- Place vegetable broth in a skillet with medium heat.
- Add mushrooms to a the skillet, adding vegetable broth as needed.
- Flip mushroom every few minutes until tender, flattened and nicely browned.
Yummmmm…. Barbecue Sauuuuccceeeee.