Sometimes you want eggs. Its easy to get the craving when everybody out here eating omelettes and scrambles and sunny-side-over shit… But eating actual chicken periods gross you out. But sometimes you still just wants some eggs. I know….. oxymoron. Maybe even hypocritical. This recipe is a good substitute for the hearty egg breakfast and it uses tofu! It is paired with nicely seasoned roasted potatoes and fresh strawberries *insert heart eye emoji*.
- 5-10 red potatoes
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sea salt
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Chop each potato into small bit sized pieces. You can cut the potato in half, then cut that in half and the cut each quarter piece into half inch pieces.
- Put each cut potato into a bowl of cool water for about five minutes.
- Drain water after all potatoes are cut and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add olive oil and toss potatoes until oil is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle seasonings until potatoes are nicely coated. The potatoes should smell delicious already.
- Put potatoes on a lightly coated dark pan and place into the oven.
- Turn over potatoes about when the tops have darkened/15-20 minutes into cooking.
Now while the potatoes are cooking you can make the scramble.
A veggie filled breakfast with protein and flavor
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbs of vegetable broth
- olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- chopped vegetables of your choice (mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, sweet peppers, cilantro, spinach, jalapeno)
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Coat skillet with olive oil and start cooking onions.
- Once you begin to smell the onion start crumbling up the tofu in the skillet.
- Turn heat down slightly and add vegetable broth to give scramble a little more moisture.
- Add all seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Add all veggies and cook for about 5-7 more minutes until mixture looks dry.
- Feel free to taste the scramble throughout cooking. Nothing is raw or undercooked.
Don’t forget the hot sauce!